The Wealth of Gratitude
The unthankful heart... discovers no mercies; but let the thankful heart sweep through the day and, as the magnet finds the iron so that it will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings!
~Henry Ward Beecher
This is the time of year when we express our gratitude. It's the time of year when we take stock of our lives and give thanks for what we have. Our families, friends, and all the people we care about. We appreciate the work that we perform. We try to find the silver lining in all of our challenging situations and are thankful for the opportunity to learn so much from them. Did you notice how plentiful you felt standing amid all that gratitude?
When we want to create more abundance in our lives, gratitude is a beautiful tool to use. Why? Because as we focus on what we are grateful for, we begin to feel more plentiful, and as we feel more abundant, we begin to draw a flow of abundance into our life. What you concentrate on expands. What attracts like attracts like. That is why focusing on what you don't have will not improve your abundance.
The sincere expression of thankfulness is a blessing for us. We produce more of what we have by focusing on what we have. When we focus on our delight, we attract more of it. We deliver more love when we focus on it, and love is at the heart of everything manifestation in our life. When you create with love and intention, your life will become more joyful and prosperous than you could have imagined.
We are all energy beings, and one of the greatest and purest vibrations available to us is the energetic vibration of thankfulness. Love and gratitude are inextricably linked. Sending out this kind of pure happy energy will attract more of it back to you - it's a universal law, it's the Law of Attraction. Gratitude can create a positive momentum in your life that will change it permanently. When you adopt an "attitude of appreciation" in your life, you begin the process of manifesting all of your objectives.
"It's Thanksgiving, but shouldn't we practice appreciation all of the time?" Yes, it is true! Especially if you want more joy, happiness, and wealth in your life.
Including Gratitude in Your Everyday Life
1. Search for what you want to see rather than what you don't want to see. Too frequently, we go about our days expecting bad things to happen or expecting to be disappointed. We stroll around saying things like "I don't like this, and this, and this..." and looking for something that needs to be changed. If you focused on what you wanted to see, you might find that your reality conformed to your preferences more. "I like this, I like that, and I like that!" Do you notice a change in vibration?
2. Appreciate and be thankful for one aspect of yourself. Be grateful for your gorgeous smile and golden heart. Be thankful for your business understanding, as well as your inventiveness and intuition. Be thankful that you are an excellent parent. Be thankful for the fact that you are not perfect. (Wouldn't that be tedious?)
3. If it's challenging to find something to be grateful for about yourself, start by appreciating your surroundings: the sun, the snow, and the leaves. Seek out the beauty in your life. Concentrate on the penny you do have rather than the one you don't.
4. Keep a calendar or daily notebook of all the nice things that happen to you...even the minor ones. This confirms that beautiful things do come your way, and you may begin to put your reliance on God and the Universe as your source of provision. Appreciate the synchronicities in your life; they were provided to you as a gift to confirm that you are on the right track.
5. Do you want to see quick results? Set aside 10 minutes each day for the next 30 days to write down all of the positive things you can about your life, relationships, body, career, home, and so on. You will not be the same person after those 30 days!
6. Open your mouth and express your thanks from the bottom of your heart. Amazing things will begin to happen to you and the people around you. Can you imagine what could happen? Today, experiment with this and adore someone.
We are a qualified mental health service implying holistic wellness. We inspire, develop, & encourage people through positive education & psychological treatments.